What can you do to fight the flu? Start boosting your immune system now before a scratchy throat, muscle aches and the sniffles take you down.
Flu season officially starts in the fall. Last year we were hit hard. Two strains of the flu, H1N1, and H3N2 knocked us for a loop, lasting from October through May.
This year, stay strong!
The Flu Exposed: It’s Lurking Where You Least Expect
Yes. A cough or sneeze spreads the flu. But, did you know germs are also spread just as easily through normal breathing?
Germs last in the air for an hour. If the germs land on a hard surface, a germ’s life extends for another 24-48 hours.
Because you are fighting germs you can’t see, you need a foolproof strategy.
Fight The Flu, Don’t Get Sick!
If it were only as easy as the saying, “take two aspirin” and then calling your doctor in the morning, but it’s not. Living in a bubble isn’t practical either.
However, you have the power to enhance your chances of staying healthy this flu season.
- Use a barrier to moisturize and protect your skin while it kills unhealthy germs.
Purell is the typical go-to hand sanitizer. Yet, after reading the label, you may prefer using a healthier option.
NanoSilver is a natural flu and germ killer. Silver Biotics skin cream moisturizes and protects the skin from germ infiltration for up to 4 hours. There is also a gel with a similar consistency to Purell if you prefer.
Nanosilver is safe and effective for internal and external use. Of course, in the battle to fight the flu germs will succumb to double the trouble if you take a shot of the immune support liquid too.
Fight the flu and prevent getting sick. Keep germs from entering the body moisturize the skin, use nanosilver in vaporizers, and around the nose and mouth. Then, take a shot or two so you support your body’s immune system from both the inside and the outside.
- Nourish The Immune System To Keep It Strong
To fight the flu, the immune system will need back up. So, do not wait, start using immune boosters now.
Sweet Dreams Can Help Fight The Flu
Sleep should be part of the flu fight attack too. When we sleep, the body produces cytokines. These proteins are part of the immune response that helps fight infections.
Six-eight hours of consistent sleep at night can optimize your flu-fighting ability. Sleep deprivation can mean the odds are against you because the body will make fewer germ-fighters.
Fight The Flu With Foods and Supplements
Consuming flu-fighting foods and supplements daily will help boost the immune system and combat sickness.
Flu Fighting Foods & Drinks
- Coconut contains lauric acid, a fatty acid known to fight germs (candida, viruses, bacteria, and fungi). Replace sugary foods with fresh or unsweetened organic coconut. Or, consume three tablespoons of virgin coconut oil each day. Coconut has also been shown to benefit weight loss, the brain, heart, and gut.
- Chicken Soup (homemade using the bones or Bone Broth) is good for the soul and can help keep your gut strong. Amino acids in the Bone marrow and collagen broth work to repair what isn’t working. Cysteine, (also available in high amounts in lamb and beef soup or stew) and glutathione contained in the broth may render germs helpless. Adequate cysteine levels are needed for glutathione to activate killer T cells that destroy infections. If you are looking for a quick grab and go snack these convenient keto bone broth cups are delicious.
- Green tea supports the spleen and lymph nodes. Catechins and polyphenols increase the numbers of immune cells.
- Kefir contains live cultures of good bacteria helping to control bad bacteria overgrowth in the gut. Keeping your gut healthy is critical for fighting bad body bug bacteria. Seventy percent of the cells that make up your immune system lives in your belly.
Immune-Boosting Nutrients Helps Us Win The Flu Fight
Our obsession with carbs and fats takes away the spotlight when it comes to fueling good health and staving off germs. Vitamins and minerals are micronutrients that contribute to wellness and winning the flu fight. Boost your immune system when eating these foods and the nutrients they contain.
- Zinc and selenium are minerals found in beef, dark meat turkey, oysters, egg yolks, Brazil nuts, cottage cheese, sunflower seeds, lamb chops, tuna, red snapper, shellfish, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Vitamins A and E are fat-soluble vitamins and are better absorbed when consumed with fat. Get your fill with yellow and orange foods for vitamin A: kale, sweet potato, chili powder, collard and dandelion greens, grape leaves, pumpkin, carrots and cantaloupe; and eat almonds, sunflower seeds, spinach, avocado and olive oil to supply Vitamin E. Vitamin C, is well understood as an immune booster so eat peppers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chili peppers, cherries, tomatoes, strawberries, oranges, and grapefruit.
To Ward off A Flu Fight, Herbs and Spice are Just As Nice
Herbs and spices protect against fungal, viral and bacterial infections. Herbal supplements boost the immune system and fight the flu too. After getting your doctor’s blessing, try reputable products that follow good manufacturing practice guidelines:
- Echinacea works via alkamides that stimulate the immune system.
- Astragalus root keeps the immune system strong through polysaccharides that increase white blood cell production.
- Elderberry contains hemagglutinin. Hemagglutinin is a protein that blocks a virus from infecting healthy cells. It may stop all flu types.
And cook with:
- Turmeric or curry has curcumin; a germ and inflammation knock out.
- Oregano contains carvacrol and thymol supporting the gut. It is used to treat candida and kill parasites.
- Cayenne pepper, a rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids contributes capsicum and “sweats out” what is ailing you.
- Black Pepper is found in everyone’s kitchen. Piperines act as a fever-reducer and immune system enhancer.
Flu Fight Wrap Up
Beat the flu before it beats you. Protect yourself against germs causing the flu or most any illness. The first line of defense is to prevent germs from infiltrating your body. Use moisturizing germ-killing gels and lotions. When skin is dry and cracked, germs gain easy access.
Do what it takes to beat the odds and win the flu fight. Don’t wait until the sniffles start. There are natural ways to build your immune system daily. You can eat, sleep and take supplements to fight the flu and strengthen your immune system.