Under Active Thyroid
Thyroid hormone plays a major role in regulating metabolism, energy levels, body temperature and in keeping the brain, heart and muscles functioning well. An under active thyroid can lead to weight gain, low body temperature, depression, dry skin, hair thinning, decreased sex drive, joint pain and muscle aches, high cholesterol and fatigue.
To guide us in tailoring a medical plan specific for your needs, we use a simple 10-minute breath test to measure metabolism and to determine exactly how many calories you burn in a day.
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you will benefit from making an appointment with us.
1. Are you often fatigued or are your energy levels consistently low?
2. Have you experienced unexplained weight gain or find it impossible to lose weight?
3. Is your hair thinning or falling out? (Do you notice hair on your brush?)
4. Is your skin dry?
5. Do you experience frequent constipation?
6. Is your body temperature consistently below 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit?
7. Do you suffer from heat or cold intolerance?
8. Are you depressed?
9. Do you suffer from joint pain and muscle aches?
10. Do you have high cholesterol?
11. Is your libido low?