Unbalanced hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and DHEA) in women can lead to fatigue, weight gain, decreased sex drive, sleep disturbance, fertility problems, mood swings and hot flashes. In men, decreased testosterone and/or DHEA levels can lead to fatigue, weight gain and decreased sex drive. These symptoms are successfully managed by balancing hormones as well as controlling carbohydrates in order to control insulin and prevent fat storage. Increased amounts of insulin and fat can lead to high estrogen levels worsening hormonal imbalance. We measure and monitor estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and DHEA levels to ensure that you are getting the right balance of hormones.
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions below, you will benefit from making an appointment with us.
1. Do you experience night sweats or hot flashes?
2. Have you gained weight recently or had difficulty losing your excess weight?
3. Is your libido increased?
4. Do you have excessive hair growth or been losing your hair?
5. Do you sweat excessively?
6. Do your have irregular menstrual periods?
7. Do you frequently have mood swings?
8. Do you have difficulty sleeping at night?